Thursday, January 08, 2009

New Semester

Ah, the winter wonderland that is Hope college, sludgy sidewalks and icy patches, sledding, falling and hustling to classes that are across campus from each other. I am so glad to be back!

I am currently enrolled in the following classes:

Intro to Theology: Christian Feminism (no, i am not a bra burning, man-hater) It is very interesting to discover some of the ways that the church had viewed women. woman are equal to men, but different, we give birth, we are relationship and linguistically connected, we are able to do that is my view in a nutshell.

Introduction to Emotional Impairments (EI) : hasn't started up yet but will be beginning my field placement soon, hopefully it will not be in GR. I took Intro to Learning Disabilities (LD) last semester.

Child Welfare: A social work class, i really enjoy so far... I am totally going to kick butt in that class with my life experiences/ Interests with the foster and adoption stuff. The prof. is really great too.

Cultural Heritage I: Yuck! lol... history class from the beginning of time to a really really really long time ago lol...


Tonight is the veratas forum http://www.veritas.org/hope/
I am looking forward to it, but am really not in the mood to listen to more lectures from professors.

Saturday will be my last fun day of the semester, before things get super busy and money runs out... Ice Skating (my first time ever) and Taj India (my favorite Indian restaurant) Yum Chicken Curry!

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Sounds like a very full and interesting semester!
many blessings throughout!