Monday, March 28, 2011
I have spent the last few days on the couch or crawling around due to a 2nd/3rd degree sprained foot. :( it kinda sucks, but it could have been so much worse. Thank you Lord for protecting the kiddos and helping me to keep it all together until they were safe with their parents again.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
1. cookie monster cookie cake
2. amazing gifts from friends :)
3. hour nap/read-a-thon
4. pieces of said cookie monster cookie cake
5. hours with a handsome little guy
6. fantastic roommates
7. laugh out loud moments watching Tangled.
8. awe inspiring dances at the dance concert
9. chapters of a book for class read
10. (million) Face*book wishes
11. sentences written for a paper
12. good pictures taken out of 200
13. th day of March
14. years since 4th grade
15. wobblers enjoying popsicles
16. days of remembering
17. uterus headed pregnant women :)
18. years since kindergarten
19. job applications
20. apartment hunting websites
21. baby kisses
22. happy moments
23. more to come until 46!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
A wise woman posted these words on her blog:
"What we are called to give up in Lent is control itself. Deliberate efforts to impose discipline on our lives often serve only to lead us further away from the freedom that Jesus attained through surrender to the Spirit, and promised to give. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17)"
"Perhaps this word "surrender" should be enough for my prayer. Not the surrender of submission to an enemy, but the opposite, the laying down of resistance to the One who loves me infinitely more than I can guess, the One who is more on my side than I am myself."
If you are reading this and are plagued by guilt and plagued by the fear of coming to God, release it. God does not shame. God does not guilt us into truth. God embraces us into freedom. Be free and know you are loved.”
How blessed we are for a lent season and for the wisdom that others are willing to share.