Saturday, March 08, 2008

Belonging...

"Lord, you make me feel both immensely strong
and
vulnerably weak all at the same time"
I am in love with Hope College, hear me right now I am in love with Hope, the place, but still not exactly warmed up to the idea of college as a whole. It has been a trying week and I am glad for the sun's gentle rays streaming through the window. It has taken me a while to comprehend that I do belong here. I had to hear that i was a child of Hope from so many different angles, but i am finally owning that I belong here.
I have so many relationships here and am developing new ones every day. I am speaking to complete strangers, but then again we complete strangers with a common bond -- our journeys brought us here.
As I enter the grand and glorious age of 20, i am trying to focus on journeying authentically, being fully present, respecting creation, and respecting other people's choices even if i don't agree with them. I am facing my issues with accepting Grace, accepting that who i am is enough, because who God is is enough.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart...Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many...Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it...May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." ~Hebrews 12-13 snippets.

As Trygve said... "and I think that's Sexy"

1 comment:

Jessica Kast-Keat said...

I am glad you stepped into your voice and identified yourself! And I am also glad to see you have a blog...keep writing friend and creating! I enjoy your posts, thanks!