Monday, September 26, 2011

One...

Ask me what peace is and I will tell you
Peace is the Steady Beat hiding behind the whooshing sounds 
Peace is Faith beyond what the tests reveal
Peace is found in prayers full of tears 
Peace is the sound of that first squealing cry
Peace is in healing and heading home
Peace is Hope at each small twitch of little feet
Peace is the feeling of you in my arms for the first time
Peace is that sweet baby smell I can never seem to get enough of
Peace is the power of seeing you stand
Peace is the blessing of watching you grow
Peace is what I feel holding you tonight, 
one year later
bigger 
stronger
Peace is a toddler who rests deeply
unaware of the tears that glisten in sun-bleached hair
who still (barely) fits in my lap.
Happy Birthday Buddy! 








No comments: