Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful



I am thankful for those who are serving and are unable to join their loved ones for thanksgiving, I am thankful for the kitchen staff on ships and bases who are working to provide a home-like meal, I am thankful that for many their sailors and soldiers are home today. This is something that I didn't really think about or understand until this year.

I am thankful for family, silly sisters and cousins and loving parents and sweet baby Ben we all get to love.

I am thankful for friends who are family, my middle of the night people, my I-need-wine-people, my pedicures and soup people, adventures, and hugs.

I am thankful for the blessing to be able to do a job I love, for clients who trust and invite me into their lives for nine short months. For babies that cry when they are born and the breath to share with them when they don't.

Im thankful for repeat clients and their precious families,  for big sisters who also want a turn getting their belly measured and like to help find baby's heartbeat.  I'm thankful For babies who I've caught who run to me snd give me snuggles. Such sweetness!

I'm thankful for cozy beds and homes shared by others with me. For music that I can sing loud, for ponies, and paint, and good books.

I'm thankful for grace Abundant, undeserved mercy, and unending love.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: