Thursday, February 07, 2013

Already there

"From where You're standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture perfect plan"- already there, casting crowns

Today at bible study we discussed rejection and how it deeply wounds, the part that stuck out to me was how sometimes we are rejected for a reason. God is perfect love, but sometimes God allows for rejection in order to give us a clear "no" by shutting the door and how important It is to stand firm and trust while waiting in the hallway.

My time as a pre-education major is a prime example. When I had taken the first tier of classes it was time to declare i applied for the education program and was rejected, I appealed the decision, and was again rejected, I sat down with the head of the department and after our discussion rejected my appeals. Praise The Lord. At the time the rejection hurt, but as I look back I am grateful. I graduated with a different major and had more opportunities to take classes that helped me to grow and heal. I still don't know what God's doing with all this, but I am grateful for his picture perfect plan.

No comments: