Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent

In this time of Advent, I play one of my favorite Christmas songs and think of all the babies that have changed everything in my life;

The foster babies

(Ciara, Cordelia, Devontae, Kiara, Alyah, Kuran, Brandon)

 The 7


The hundreds of children I have held from daycare and babysitting


Guatemala babies


Isabella


Miracle babies 


The babies that never made it earthside


I think of the babies of the future that will pass from my hands into their mother's as they take their first breath


I think of the babies that will someday be mine, the ones I will carry in my womb and in my heart

I think of that baby, born in a stable, wrapped in cloths, whose birth was attended by the angels.

I am reminded, that my God knows exactly what makes me tick, how to get my attention, how to teach me, how to remind me I am loved. 

A baby changes everything...


1 comment:

Diana said...

Courtney, I just looked at your blog for the first time. I wanted to tell you how grateful I am for the big heart that you have and your desire and love for children. So many people don't value children anymore and I feel like that makes it harder to understand or believe that God values and loves them, His children. You will be so blessed for your love! :)