Saturday, March 12, 2011

Surrender

A wise woman posted these words on her blog:

 

 

"What we are called to give up in Lent is control itself.  Deliberate efforts to impose discipline on our lives often serve only to lead us further away from the freedom that Jesus attained through surrender to the Spirit, and promised to give.  "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17)"

"Perhaps this word "surrender" should be enough for my prayer.  Not the surrender of submission to an enemy, but the opposite, the laying down of resistance to the One who loves me infinitely more than I can guess, the One who is more on my side than I am myself."

If you are reading this and are plagued by guilt and plagued by the fear of coming to God, release it.  God does not shame. God does not guilt us into truth.  God embraces us into freedom.  Be free and know you are loved.”

 

How blessed we are for a lent season and for the wisdom that others are willing to share.

1 comment:

Katie from ABC&123: A Learning Cooperative said...

I thought that was a fantastic post. Thanks for sharing the link!