Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

Because I am terrible at resolutions I thought I would spread them out over the year…

January

  • Begin the semester well
  • begin habit of working out
  • grow savings
  • focus
  • begin habit of spending 15-30 min in prayer room daily
  • begin search to connect to a local Holland church

February

  • Write a novel
  • Read every verse that mentions “love” in the Bible
  • work on loving deeply
  • attend job fair

March

  • Turn 23 and go to “On the Border” Restaurant to remember the beauty of friendship
  • Celebrate and remember Guatemala
  • read about serving in bible
  • Go Up North for break

April

  • have an idea for a job after graduation
  • stay connected to friends
  • have baby blanket finished

May

  • Graduate
  • have a place to live and be good with whatever and wherever it is
  • Read about God as provider

June

  • work hard and cheerfully at whatever job I have
  • Begin saving to take in foster baby
  • Begin Doula training

 

I think 6 months is enough for me for now… I am working on living in the moment and not worrying about the future too much… I don’t know where or what I will be doing after graduation, but I have figured out that as long as I remember that I am loved, valuable, worthy and created in the image of God I will have shalom.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Courtney I love your idea to split things upinto monthly goals.Most of all I love that you are going to try to live in the moment. Believe it or not you will someday miss those college moments!!

Becca said...

Love this plan, and Love you. Work out with me this semester? :)

सहज समाधि आश्रम said...

I wish you Happy New 2011!
क्या बात है । मजा आ गया ।
जितनी तारीफ़ की जाय कम है ।
सिलसिला जारी रखें ।
आपको पुनः बधाई ।
satguru-satykikhoj.blogspot.com